Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Coffee Cup Sleeve

Pattern: Knit Coffee Sleeve by MissKnittyPants

Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted (Burgundy) approx. 0.1 skein

Needles: 4 mm / US 6 circular

I knitted to 8 inches before grafting together. Like many I did a provisional cast-on and then grafted using kitchener stitch.

This was a great quick knit. I'll probably make quite a few of these as my scrap yarn pile is growing. For anyone who needs a 1-2 hour break from a big project and have some worsted weight scrap yarn lying about, this is great for instant gratification. And it helps with the environment - what else can you ask for?!?

2 comments:

Obamako17 said...

I gotta have a pair of those!!!

Can you make one for my cup at home? I can send dimensions....

Ms. Hays said...

One of my friends/co-workers just gifted me one of these nifties from Etsy. I love it!