Monday, November 16, 2009
Today is my last day as a twenty-something. Tomorrow I officially join another decade. I'm actually excited. I feel like it's a new beginning. My 20s were long and I faced many challenges. I had lots of fun but at the same time my stress levels were always very high. I feel more in control of my life now. And while I'm in a strange place at this moment: just moved countries, living with my mother, unemployed and single - I know in about 6 months things will be different and better. This is my blank slate for the moment and I can determine the next steps.
In January I made a huge list of things I wanted to get done by 30 and I didn't get most of them done. But I'm completely ok with that because I got some of the most important things done.
- I got out of a job that made me really unhappy
- I got out of a somewhat unhappy relationship
- I ran a marathon
- I raised a goodly amount of money for charity
- I designed my first knit pattern
- I taught myself a new craft (beading) and hope to start selling stitch markers on my etsy shop soon
And now I still have lots of other things to do but I'm hopeful and I look forward to my 30s.