Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cherry Garcia and other meanderings

Today I had a meeting near Hyde Park which is a slight trek from where I work (Tower Bridge) at 3pm. Therefore, I got to go home early as the meeting finished after 4pm. Yeah! So I went to Oxford St for a quick stop at John Lewis. I needed thread and a tiny crochet hook for beading. I ended up buying a lot more stuff of course. I'm planning to use my worsted scrap yarn to make pot holders. I'll knit squares and then put a layer of batting and then sew some fabric on the other side. I bought half a meter each of two Cath Kidston designs. Both designs are super cute! At least I think so...



In other news, I've completed a couple of projects.

Pattern: Cherry Garcia by Adrian Bizilia

Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Silky Merino (Velvet Grapes) 0.5 skein

Needles: 5.5 mm / US 9 circular





Pattern: Patty by Jenny Raymond

Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Silky Merino (Little Lovely) 0.1 skein

Needles: 4.5 mm / US 7 circular

2 comments:

Obamako17 said...

how are you getting around the handle problem?

Caryl said...

For a cup, I do it with a button at the end rather than do it in the round.